What is Incredible Years?
The Incredible Years Parenting Programme was developed by Carolyn Webster-Stratton within the University of Washington Parenting Clinic. The programme, aimed at children aged 3 to 12 years, is founded on social learning theory and consists of at least 12 weekly, two-hour group sessions delivered by skilled practitioners. Overall, the Incredible Years Programme aims to:
· Promote positive parenting
· Improve parent-child relationships
· Reduce critical and physical discipline and increase the use of positive strategies
· Help parents to identify social learning theory principles for managing behaviour
· Improve home-school relationships